Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hodge Podge V. 66

Time for my weekly blog session of Hodge Podge.  Someday I will get back to blogging on days other than Wednesday but I love this so it can't be missed :)  Hop on over to Joyce's blog:
 From This Side of the Pond to join in.  In completely unrelated news my blog is alllll messed up and no matter how many times I change my text size, adjust etc it keep coming up looking all crazy.  I am about to throw in the towel and start from scratch.  Hmmm.... now I will be thinking of new blog names all night.  Anywho on to the questions & answers which you came for :)




1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?


I think it would be fascinating to meet any of them but I have always been very interested in Abraham Lincoln and his Presidency & of course Thomas Jefferson would also be amazing to talk to.


2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?


It is very hard to pick one.  I really like a Chicken Pasta dish at Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden Salad and Bread Sticks of course and I really liked Ruby River Steakhouse.  Oh and Baja Fresh.  Oh and Panda Express.  Oh how I miss them.  I figure this is a great time to hone my chef skills over the next few years though :)


3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home last week and she gave me permission to 
steal 
borrow it.

When you look back on your life do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say it was good?

I think if I am not able to go back and finish school I will regret that but other than that I think for the most part  I will say it was good.  There is no sense in looking longingly in the past when there is so much good to be had in the future.

4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?

I can do without Grapefruits.  I do love orange juice and I really like the small oranges that are much easier to peel.  I eat tons of those in the summer.

5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?

I actually cleaned out our coat closet this week because I went to put something away and it was a mess and I could not take it a second longer.  All of our closests could probably use with a good going through and reducing the amount of stuff in them.  
I am waiting for uninterrupted time which probably won't happen any too soon :)

6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?

Sandra Bullock - I think she would be very nice, real and hilarious.  Princess Kate I think she is fascinating and then Oprah because she has talked to a million people & probably has amazing stories.  

7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?

I would say it is about a 2 or 3 but since we are in England I need to get much much better at it which is hard to do when you drive a giant van in the land of tiny tiny cars, and tiny streets.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I have joined a book club recently and soon have to pick the book I want the group to read.  Talk about pressure!  I have no idea what all they have read and it is a very eclectic group.  So far I have narrowed it down to Mrs. Mike, The Spellman Files or Saving CeeCee HoneyCutt.  Are any of these familiar to you and if not what is a book you would recommend?  Thanks and have a fab week!


4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any that you mentioned but Saving CeeCee Honeycutt got great reviews and is on my list.

    In England if you don't parallel park you may never get a space : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive Garden salad and bread sticks...extra olives please!
    I didn't think of Sandra Bullock. She is one of my favorite actors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my daughter is really excited about the HUNGER GAMES trilogy...i haven't read it
    love me some Olive Garden, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people chose pasta places as their favorite chain. I'm not a fan of it myself. Your dinner would be one of the most fun I've seen; can I come too?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by & leaving a comment! I love it!

Followers